All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTyler Florence does updated comfort food like one else, but comfort food s never been updated like this. Join him as he perfects, simplifies, and totally re-invents your favorite dishes in surprising, spectacular ways. Have you ever wondered which cheese, exactly, will make the stretchiest, cheesiest mac and cheese? Or if you can make Hollandaise sauce without fear, a double boiler, or even a whisk? Or if, instead of having to choose between onion rings or French fries, you can make onion rings crusted with French fries? Tyler Florence has. These are the kinds of questions he obsesses over when he thinks about how to make cooking both easier and more exciting. For years, while shuttling between his restaurants and TV shoots, Tyler's kept a tebook of ideas to push his own recipes out of their comfort zone. Now, for the first time in his career, he s established a culinary lab where he can dive deep into the hows, whys, and why-ts of his cooking. He brings you Inside the Test Kitchen to see his experiments, the wins and the fails, and of course, the delicious, foolproof, and surprising recipes that come out of it. Go from tricks to make basics brilliant like saucing Double-Creamed Spinach with pureed spinach, or using boiling-hot brine to make a Super-Crisp Roast Chicken to simpler ways to make the classics, like a nearly -stir Time Saver Risotto and a Three-Minute Hollandaise, to pure reinvention, like Fronion Rings and almost-instant Modern Burger Buns. Through these 120 recipes, Tyler invites you to question culinary sacred cows, push your skills to the next level, and make food more delicious than they would have thought possible.
- Author BiographyTYLER FLORENCE is a Food Network star, author of twelve books, product designer, and the chef-owner of Wayfare Tavern in San Francisco and El Paseo in Mill Valley, California. He also produces wines under his California Crush label, and will open the Tyler Florence Test Kitchen, a culinary laboratory, think tank, and event space, in late 2014. He lives in California with his family.
- Author(s)Tyler Florence
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication06/11/2014
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintClarkson Potter
- Content Notecolour photos throughout
- Weight1089 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine28 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.97Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $45.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.