All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIf the costs of the Vietnam War were great to Americans and staggering to the South Vietnamese, they were even worse for the North. And those costs were borne largely by the individual soldiers - the soldiers who won the war.Based on interviews, soldiers' diaries, letters, and government documents, this book, first published in 1992, gives a classic, soldier's-eye account of the war that our opponents fought and the men who fought it.
- Author BiographyMICHAEL LEE LANNING, a retired lieutenant colonel who served three tours of duty in Vietnam, is the author of sixteen nonfiction books on military history. Texas A&M University Press has reissued two of them, The Only War We Had: A Platoon Leader's Journal of Vietnam and Vietnam, 1969-1970: A Company Commander's Journal. He lives in Crystal Beach, Texas. DAN CRAGG enlisted in the army in 1958 and served five years as an infantryman in Vietnam. He is the author or co-author of more than a dozen military books, fiction and nonfiction. He lives in Prince George's County, Maryland.
- Author(s)Dan Cragg,Michael Lee Lanning
- PublisherTexas A & M University Press
- Date of Publication15/10/2008
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleWilliams-Ford Texas A&M University Military History Series
- Series Part/Volume Number12
- Place of PublicationCollege Station
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTexas A & M University Press
- Content NoteIllustrations, maps
- Weight386 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.92
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.91
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.14
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.09
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.94
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.43
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.46
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.