All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionDo you want to be able to express yourself in French with confidence and fluency? Insider's French offers a genuine perspective on Francophone culture, opinions and language use so that you can speak confidently on topical issues that are key to the French speaker today. This intermediate French conversation course, devised for all intermediate-level learners or those following on from Total or Perfect French, will advance your overall fluency, listening comprehension and conversation skills, expand your vocabulary and improve your grammar. Through authentic, lively conversations around engaging topics, and the unique Michel Thomas Method for learning, this course focuses on the colloquial language and conversation strategies used by native French speakers so that you can fit in and communicate more naturally. Michel Thomas, the preeminent language teacher, always said that learners start by mastering basic linguist structures (as in his Total and Perfect courses), which provide the bare walls of the house, but that that it was up to us, the learner, to decorate it in our own personal way. Insider's German reflects Michel Thomas's 'Phase 2' courses that he and his team offered at his New York language school, allowing increased vocabulary, improved speaking, comprehension and reading and writing skills - the tools with which to decorate their houses. Insider's French includes: * Twenty authentic conversations around a comprehensive range of subjects that reflect contemporary French culture * Language plus: conversation strategies, pronunciation and intonation to help learners express themselves naturally * Listening and speaking practice to help learners progress to the next level * Cultural insights into the unspoken rules of the language This course includes a 100+ page book, MP3 audio CD-ROM, and interactive review and practice on CD-ROM. Why is the Michel Thomas Method so successful? The Michel Thomas Method draws on the principles of instructional psychology. Kwledge is structured and organised for the student so that you assimilate the language easily and don't forget it. The method deconstructs the language into building blocks that are introduced sequentially in such a way that the learner creates his/her response and moves on to ever-more-complex sentences. Michel said: I will dissect everything into small parts and reassemble it in such a way that one will understand everything step by step. He was also very clear about his ground rules: memorisation, drills, homework; relax and leave off the anxiety rmally associated with language learning.
- Author BiographyAkshay Bakaya has lived in Paris since 1984 and has taught languages - Hindi, English, and French - at the Institut National des Langues et Civilisations Orientales, Sciences Po, Paris, the French foreign office and the International School of Paris. He is also the author of Michel Thomas Start Hindi (2014), Michel Thomas Total Hindi (2017) and Assimil, Le hindi sans peine (1994).
- Author(s)Akshay Bakaya
- PublisherHodder & Stoughton General Division
- Date of Publication03/12/2015
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectLanguage Learning (other than ELT)
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Murray Learning
- Weight276 g
- Width147 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine39 mm
- Contained items statementContains CD-Audio and Paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.