All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.04Trending at AU $45.25
About this product
- DescriptionIdentifying who was inside and who was outside the Soviet/Russian body politic has been a matter of intense and violent urgency, especially in the high Stalinist and post-Soviet periods. It is a theme encountered prominently in film. Employing a range of interpretive methods practiced in Russian/Soviet film studies, Insiders and Outsiders in Russian Cinema highlights the varied ways that Russian and Soviet cinema constructed otherness and foreignness. While the essays explore the us versus them binary well kwn to students of Russian culture and the ways in which Russian films depicted these distinctions, the book demonstrates just how impossible maintaining this binary proved to be. Contributors are Anthony Anemone, Julian Graffy, Peter Kenez, Joan Neuberger, Stephen M. Norris, Oleg Sulkin, Yuri Tsivian, Emma Widdis, and Josephine Woll.
- Author BiographyStephen M. Norris is Associate Professor of History at Miami University, Oxford, Ohio. He is author of A War of Images: Russian Popular Prints, Wartime Culture, and National Identity, 1812-1945. Zara M. Torlone is Assistant Professor of Classics at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio. She has published articles on Vergil's elegies, classical philology in Russia, and the poetry of Joseph Brodsky.
- PublisherIndiana University Press
- Date of Publication14/05/2008
- SubjectThe Arts: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBloomington, IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIndiana University Press
- Content Note36 b&w photos
- Weight347 g
- Width3963 mm
- Height5969 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byStephen M. Norris,Zara M. Torlone
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.