About this product
- DescriptionIn this volume, Gary Yamasaki develops an invative approach to biblical narrative, exploring the way stories are treated in filmmaking, and using that as a model for analysing biblical stories. In our culture, the volumius exposure we have to movies has resulted in our being conditioned to experience cinematic stories in a particular manner: for example, seeing them as events rather than objects, and the story worlds of movies as distinct from the real world. However, biblical stories are t typically viewed through this cinematic-story lens, making our analysis of biblical narrative out of step with what has become our natural mode of experiencing stories. This book demonstrates how fresh interpretive insights emerge when we read biblical stories like we watch movies. Each volume in the new Insights series discusses discoveries and insights gained into biblical texts from a particular approach or perspective in current scholarship.
- Author BiographyGary Yamasaki has served on faculty at Columbia Bible College in Abbotsford, British Columbia, for over twenty-five years, and is now professor emeritus. He is author of Perspective Criticism: Point of View and Evaluative Guidance in Biblical Narrative and Watching a Biblical Narrative: Point of View in Biblical Exegesis.
- Author(s)Gary Yamasaki
- PublisherFortress Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/10/2016
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Series TitleReading the Bible in the 21st Century
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFortress Press,U.S.
- Weight217 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine8 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.