All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume focuses on specialist translation one of the areas of translation in greatest demand in our age of globalization. The 16 chapters deal t only with the classical domains of science and techlogy, law, socio-politics and medicine but also with lesser researched areas such as archeology, geography, nutrigemics and others. As a whole, the book achieves a blend of theory and practice. It addresses a variety of issues such as translation strategy based on text type and purpose, intercultural transfer and quality assessment, as well as textual and termilogical issues in bilingual and multilingual settings, including international organizations and the European Union. Today translation competence presupposes multidisciplinary skills. Whereas some chapters analyze the linguistic features of special-purpose texts and their function in specialized communication, others show how specialized translation has changed as a result of globalization and how advances in techlogy have altered termilogy research and translation processing.
- Author BiographyThe Editors: Maurizio Gotti is Professor of English Linguistics at the University of Bergamo, Italy. He is currently President of the Italian Association of University Language Centres and Director of CERLIS, the research centre on specialized languages based at the University of Bergamo. His main research areas are the features and origins of specialized discourse, English syntax, and English lexicology and lexicography. Susan arcevic is Professor at the Faculty of Law of the University of Rijeka (Croatia) where she teaches Legal English, Legal German and EU Terminology. She has published extensively on legal translation, legal lexicography and multilingual communication in the law (in English, German and Croatian) and has been invited to lecture on legal translation worldwide. She is a translator of legal texts and reviser of legal texts in English.
- PublisherVerlag Peter Lang
- Date of Publication01/10/2006
- SubjectEncyclopedias & General Reference
- Series TitleLinguistic Insights
- Series Part/Volume Number46
- Place of PublicationPieterlen
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintVerlag Peter Lang
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight550 g
- Width150 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byMaurizio Gotti,Professor Susan Sarcevic
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.