Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.35Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
About this product
- DescriptionThis essential reference is the first complete guide to inspecting all forms of industrial and sporting PFPE, covering the legal and record-keeping requirements for UK workplaces, plus the practical process of inspection and maintenance, in complete detail and an easy-to-read style. If you are working at height of in confined spaces as part of a job, as a member of a rescue team, or enjoy extreme sports as a climber, caver, canyoner or bungee jumper, your life depends on your safety equipment. Being able to inspect and maintain your gear in a safe working condition is an essential skill, and in a workplace is required by law. Personal fall protection equipment comes in a huge range of styles, from a coil of rope to the latest complex designs of descender or rescue system. Inspecting and maintaining each item requires a detailed kwledge of standards, design specifications, corrosion, wear and chemical damage. The 160-page book is packed with full-colour photos and cutting-edge computer graphics, which chapters on each type of device explaining clearly what standards they should meet, how they should operate, and how they can fail.The information and techniques can be applied to any brand of equipment.
- Author(s)D. F. Merchant
- Date of Publication10/10/2008
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight388 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.