All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.76Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- Description'The author introduces new pedagogical approaches in teaching language arts, using fiction and poetry to enhance the student's critical thinking. This is a thoughtful, practical, and invative book that will foster academic success' - Maggie Yadegar, Associate Dean, National University, Los Angeles Campus 'A 'must have' publication for the beginning teacher of English. The author gives explicit discussions, providing directions for formulating, presenting, and evaluating each phase of the lesson being taught' - Lois Gibson, Associate Professor Education (Retired), Southeastern Louisiana University A teacher's guide to teaching middle school and high school English and building literacy skills in even the most reluctant readers. Lorraine LaCroix shows the reader how carefully chosen poems and fiction can hook otherwise apathetic English students - by making an emotional connection, the teacher makes her lessons personally relevant and important to each student, and therefore a perfect vehicle for teaching vocabulary, critical thinking skills, close reading skills, rhetorical writing skills, communication and public speaking skills.
- Author BiographyLorraine LaCroix is an Educational Consultant for the Long Beach Unified School District in Southern California. In this capacity she trains new teachers, coaches veteran educators and provides professional development geared toward improved instructional practices. During her 15-year career with the district, she has worked as a classroom and mentor teacher and has served in a number of leadership roles. She has also been active in writing curriculum fir the district's vastly diverse population. Ms. LaCroix received the district's Carpe Diem Award in 2000, naming her the outstanding middle school teacher of the year. She holds a bachelor's degree in English Literature from California State University, Long Beach, and a master's degree in Educational Management from the University of LaVerne, also in California.
- Author(s)Lorraine LaCroix
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication08/02/2005
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight680 g
- Width215 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.