All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWe exist in an era of great change and widespread uncertainty in which course-determining decisions lie with organizational leaders; in this continually shifting climate we require their courage to take action. Billions of dollars are spent annually on developing leaders, yet despite these efforts, most organizations report a shortage of leaders - a leadership gap - and estimates of leadership failures approach fifty per cent. Authored by some of the best names in the subject area, this book addresses this issue and provides readers with an invative approach to learning leadership skills, merging theory with practice to enable a better understanding of this complex and significant subject. It emphasizes a balance of skills, the critical role of feedback in learning and development, and invative thoughts on developing women leaders. Taking an international perspective, this outstanding text will be an invaluable resource for those studying leadership, organizational behaviour and human resource management as well as those on specialist masters and MBA courses, and will be especially useful for those undertaking the difficult task of leading within organizations.
- Author BiographyRonald J. Burke is Professor of Organizational Behavior at the Schulich School of Business, York University in Toronto, Canada. He serves as a consultant on organizational effectiveness issues to both private and public sector organizations. Cary L. Cooper, CBE, is Pro Vice Chancellor (External Relations) of Lancaster University and Professor of Organizational Psychology and Health at the Lancaster Management School, in the UK. He is the author of over 100 books on occupational stress, women at work, and the link between human resource management practices and organizational performance.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication25/05/2006
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note26 black & white illustrations, 12 black & white tables, 14 black & white line drawings
- Weight564 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edited byCary L. Cooper,Professor Ronald J. Burke
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.02New
- AU $5.82New
- AU $23.00New
- AU $33.47New
- AU $30.62New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $62.02
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.88
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $29.58Trending at AU $30.62
- AU $49.31Trending at AU $53.06
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.55
- AU $39.26Trending at AU $43.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.