All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTeach kids about positive character through real-life examples. Sportsmanship goes beyond a single game. It shines through in all these stories, including the actions of college softball player Mallory Holtman, who helped an injured opponent, and of German track star Luz Long, who befriended Jesse Owens in front of Hitler at the 1936 Berlin Olympics. The Count on Me: Sports series is a collection of dramatic tales of character in action, bringing together exciting sports history, real-life examples of sports and character building, and lively storytelling. Each book features twenty true stories of athletic challenge, triumph, and sometimes heartbreak. All the books explore a wide variety of sports, with historical and contemporary episodes featuring male and female athletes from around the world.
- Author BiographyBrad Herzog is the author of more than 30 books for children, including more than two dozen sports books. He has also published three travel memoirs and a fourth book for adults, The Sports 100, which ranks and profiles the 100 most important people in U.S. sports history. For his freelance magazine writing (including Sports Illustrated and Sports Illustrated for Kids ), Brad has won three gold medals from the Council for Advancement and Support of Education. Brad travels all over the country visiting schools as a guest author. He lives on California s Monterey Peninsula with his wife and two sons.
- Author(s)Brad Herzog
- PublisherFree Spirit Publishing Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication30/10/2014
- SubjectChildren's General Interest & Leisure
- Series TitleCount on Me Sports
- Place of PublicationMinneapolis
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFree Spirit Publishing Inc.,U.S.
- Weight127 g
- Width130 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine7 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.