All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIt's amazing how 100 key words and phrases provide instant communication! Do you want to speak simple Mandarin Chinese but are too busy to study it? Are you visiting China for a short time and want a Mandarin phrase book to help you communicate in the Chinese language? If so, this Mandarin phrasebook and dictionary is for you. It's tiny 0.4 x 4.1 x 5.9 inches size makes it incredibly convenient to travel with but without losing the most essential content for communication. This new, expanded edition contains 15% more content, fun manga-style illustrations, and additional information on which destinations, personalities and trends are hot in China right w! The idea of Instant Chinese is simple--learn 100 words and phrases and say 1,000 things. The trick is kwing which 100 words to learn, but the author Boye Lafayette De Mente has solved the problem, choosing only those words you'll hear again and again. Even with a vocabulary this small, you'll be surprised how quickly and fluently you too can communicate in Mandarin Chinese. Words are repeated in different combinations, building familiarity without effort. All phrases are given in both simplified Chinese characters and standard Hai Pinyin romanization. A brief guide to pronunciation allows the user to say the phrases correctly. An English-Chinese dictionary makes looking up a word or phrase simple and quick. Here's a sample of what you'll be able to do with this chinese phasebook:
- Meet people.
- Go shopping.
- Ask directions.
- Ride the subway.
- Order food and drinks.
- And much more.
- Author BiographyBoye Lafayette De Mente has been involved with Japan, China, and Korea since the late 1940s as a member of a U.S. intelligence agency, student, trade journalist, editor, and author working out of Tokyo, Seoul, Hong Kong, and Singapore. He is a graduate of Jochi University in Tokyo and The American Institute for Foreign Trade (now Thunderbird: The School of Global Management). His 70-plus books include Japan's Cultural Code Words, Business Guide to Japan, and Japan Unmasked.
- Author(s)Boye Lafayette De Mente
- PublisherTuttle Publishing
- Date of Publication31/03/2016
- SubjectEncyclopedias & General Reference
- Place of PublicationBoston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTuttle Publishing
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight136 g
- Width102 mm
- Height152 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Revised byJiageng Fan
- Contained items statementContains 4 Paperbacks
- Edition Statement2nd
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.