All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionInstant Neurological Diagsis: A Companion to NeurobowlR. brings rapid neurologic diagsis blended into a unique format that combines teaching and entertainment. Like the annual NeurobowlR. competition, this book teaches neurologists to guess the answers of a diagsis as fast as possible. This book tells users how to make a rapid clinical diagsis or when to stop and reconsider previous diagses. The authors of this book have collected diagstic short cuts; some from observations and others identified at grand rounds at Neurobowl(c) competitions at the American Academy of Neurology conference. These diagstic shortcuts include Handles- clinical features like facial appearance, how a patient dresses, walks, talks, the patients' history, and physical examination- that might permit a rapid diagsis. Red Flags are the opposite. They are observations from the history and examination should alert the clinician to reconsider and think of an alternative diagsis. Key Features Include 1. This text is highly visual; supplemented by figures, tables, and video clips. 2. Teaches neurologists to make a rapid diagsis, even for rare diseases. 3. Shares tips for better patient management.
- Author BiographyChristopher H. Hawkes, MD, FRCP, Honorary Professor of Neurology, Institute of Cell and Molecular Science, Barts and The London School of Medicine and Dentistry Kapil D. Sethi, MD, FRCP, Director, Movement Disorders Clinic, Georgia Regents Medical Center Street Augusta, GA Thomas J. Swift, MD, FAAN President of AAN 2005-2007, Professor and Former Chair, Department of Neurology, Georgia Health Sciences University.
- Author(s)Christopher H. Hawkes,Kapil D. Sethi,Thomas R. Swift
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication23/06/2016
- SubjectMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Weight980 g
- Width177 mm
- Height256 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.69Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $51.98Trending at AU $53.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.