All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis handbook is the ideal source for therapists, social workers, clergy, and clients seeking to stay current on the essentials of psychopharmacology. The third edition of our perennial bestseller, this book discusses a wide variety of newly available medications, how they work, how they differ from the older medications, and their advantages and disadvantages. In addition to covering antipsychotic medications, antidepressant medications, mood-stabilizing medications, and antianxiety and sleeping-aid medications, this new edition also discusses a variety of miscellaneous medications, such as those appropriate for treatment of PTSD, ADHD, Alzheimer's disease, and alcohol and substance abuse. It also helpfully includes up-to-date lists of medications by both generic and brand names, as well as by class and by cost. This thoroughly revised and updated edition is a must-have for all nmedical therapists and clients who need to understand the latest developments in psychopharmacology.
- Author BiographyRonald J. Diamond, MD, is a professor at the University of Wisconsin Department of Psychiatry in Madison, and Medical Director of the Mental Health Center of Dane County. He teaches psychopharmacology to hundreds of social workers, counselors, nurses, clients, and families of individuals with mental illness each year.
- Author(s)Ronald J. Diamond
- PublisherWW Norton & Co
- Date of Publication27/03/2009
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWW Norton & Co
- Content Noteblack & white tables
- Weight400 g
- Width142 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.07
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.