All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the early 1980s, China entered into an age of rural-urban migration. Millions of farmers have flooded into cities and towns for work and significantly reshaped the character of Chinese society. This book is the first to examine the social exclusion of rural migrant workers from the perspective of institutionalism. It integrates several disciplinary areas institutionalism, international business and HRM in one study through combining both the process and variance approaches. It contributes to the literature of institutionalism and institutional analysis, as well as the scarce research on the strategic responses of MNEs to the institutional characteristics of host countries at the subsidiary level. The findings of this study have implications for HRM research, workforce diversity management, MNEs' legitimacy management and the improvement of employment governance in China.
- Author BiographyMingqiong Mike Zhang (PhD, Nanjing University; PhD, Monash University) is a senior lecturer of International Business/International Management in Department of Management, Monash University, Australia. Mike comes from a multi-disciplinary background. After a career in industry, he obtained his first PhD degree in Sociology in 2003 at Nanjing University and continued his career in government. In 2009, he obtained his second PhD degree from Monash University in International Business. His research is in areas of Human Resource Management, International Business, Employment Relations, and Cross-culture Studies. Mike's publications appear in leading international refereed journals such as Journal of Business Ethics, International Journal of Human Resource Management, Academy of Management Learning and Education, etc. and he is a member of several editorial boards.
- Author(s)Mingqiong Mike Zhang
- PublisherNova Science Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication01/04/2016
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNova Science Publishers Inc
- Weight638 g
- Width180 mm
- Height260 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.