All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book discusses the future of the European Union following the failure of the Constitutional and reform treaties, examining the transformations, dynamics and major issues facing present-day Europe. Discussing key questions relating to the future of the European project, this book brings together leading academics and practitioners, including: Adrienne Heritier, Jan Zielonka, Yves Meny, Maurizio Cotta, Philippe Schmitter, ECJ Advocate General Miguel Maduro and former President of the European Parliament, Pat Cox. These contributors provide provocative and invative accounts of developments within the European Union, contrasting theoretical reflections with a more professional perspective based on first-hand experience in running European affairs. The contributions focus on three key challenges: enlargement, the end of the permissive consensus and the need for democratization of the European Union, considering questions such as: * What does Europe represent to neighbouring countries and how is it addressing their expectations? * How could a larger Union be governed efficiently? * Are European citizens willing to delegate responsibility to their leaders to tackle European integration? * Is it accurate to accuse the European Union of a democratic deficit ? Institutional Challenges in Post-Constitutional Europe will be of interest to students and scholars of European politics, especially those with an interest in European integration/enlargement, constitutionalism, and democratization.
- Author BiographyCatherine Moury is an Advanced Research Fellow at CIES-ISCTE, Lisbon, Portugal, and Guest Professor at ICHEC Business School, Brussels, Belgium. Luis de Sousa is a researcher at CIES-ISCTE, Lisbon, Portugal, Gulbenkian Fellow at the European University Institute, Italy, and Visiting Professor at the University of Lisbon, Portugal.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication15/02/2013
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Series TitleRoutledge Advances in European Politics
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note2 black & white illustrations, 2 black & white tables, 2 black & white line drawings
- Weight249 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edited byCatherine Moury,Luis de Sousa
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $30.98
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $34.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.