All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionInterorganisational networks are ever-present in the modern globalized world. They allow organisations to overcome restrictive hierarchical structures, reach broader geographical regions and penetrate new and existing markets. This work provides a vel view on the performance of networks. It investigates the influence of the institutional environment in shaping the characteristics of strategic networks, thereby influencing their performance. The diverging characteristics of a network emerge as a direct consequence of institutional differences and determine the key drivers of performance: flexibility, ability to exchange information and capacity to invate. A case-study of a Russian strategic network highlights the interplay between institutions, network characteristics and performance.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Nina Gorovaia, born 1974; currently an Assistant Professor of Business Administration at Cyprus College, Nicosia. Ph.D. in Organisational Networks from the University of Economics and Business Administration in Vienna; Bachelors and Masters degrees in Economics from the Lomonosov University in Moscow; consulting with oil trading, processing industries in Austria, Russia and Cyprus; seminars and presentations at the Universities of Vienna, Bratislava, Budapest and Bristol.
- Author(s)Nina Gorovaia
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication01/02/2005
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Content Note6 maps, 8 tables, 19 graphs
- Weight260 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.92
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.46
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.91
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.14
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $80.22
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.94
- AU $76.98Trending at AU $78.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.