All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWritten by a top search professional, this book presents all the information required for a nprofit organization to organize and successfully undertake an executive search. The step-by-step approach takes the reader through the stages of the process and includes specific examples. Stephen A. Garrison's Institutional Search meets a critical need...It reflects t only a sound conceptual basis for seeking new leadership ...it also contains a wealth of exceptionally valuable practical guidance. The author's many years of experience in the field have been applied in a most creative way. Any governing board contemplating a presidential search ought to consult this work at an early stage. Robert M. O'Neil, President, University of Virginia, Charlottesville Written by a top search professional, this book presents all the information required to organize and successfully undertake an executive search for a nprofit organization. The step-by-step approach takes the reader through the stages of the process and includes specific examples. The author tes that nprofit organizations generally tend to form new search committees for each search, so the committees may lack organization or experience. This book focuses on the political aspects of the process, a lack of understanding of which generally precludes a successful search. All nprofit organizations--including universities, symphonies, opera companies, museums, foundations, park boards, commissions, and municipal councils--will find this book a valuable resource. Institutional Search is organized around the process of the search. First, an analysis of the nprofit institution provides background. Then, an overview of the search process leads to search committee formation, search specifications, minations, the screening process, confidentiality, and cooperation within the committee. How to assess, research, approach and interview candidates is analyzed indepth. Other topics such as spousal relations, reference checking, closure, and introducing the individual hired to the organization are described. Institutional Search is a resource that provides search committees with an effective tool to aid in the complex search process.
- Author BiographySTEPHEN A. GARRISON, Chairman of the Board and CEO of Ward Howell International, has fifteen years experience in top management executive search. He has searched for university and college presidents and chancellors, and other not-for-profit managers. He is a graduate of the U.S. Naval Academy and the Harvard Business School.
- Author(s)Stephen A. Garrison
- Date of Publication10/04/1989
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPraeger Publishers Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight372 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.65New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.