All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionInstitutional activities have remarkably transformed East Asia, a region once kwn for the absence of regionalism and regime-building efforts. Yet the dynamics of this Asian institutionalization have remained an understudied area of research. This book offers one of the first scholarly attempts to clarify what constitutes institutionalization in East Asia and to systematically trace the origins, discern the features, and analyze the prospects of ongoing institutionalization processes in the world's most dynamic region. Institutionalizing East Asia comprises eight essays, grouped thematically into three sections. Part I considers East and Southeast Asia as focal points of inter-state exchanges and traces the institutionalization of inter-state cooperation first among the Southeast Asian states and then among those of the wider East Asia. Part II examines the institutionalization of regional collaboration in four domains: ecomy, security, natural disaster relief, and ethnic conflict management. Part III discusses the institutionalization dynamics at the sub-regional and inter-regional levels. The essays in this book offer a useful source of reference for scholars and researchers specializing in East Asia, regional architecture, and institution-building in international relations. They will also be of interest to postgraduate and research students interested in ASEAN, the drivers and limits of international cooperation, as well as the role of regional multilateralism in the Asia-Pacific region.
- Author BiographyAlice D. Ba is Associate Professor in the Department of Political Science and International Relations, University of Delaware. Cheng-Chwee Kuik is Associate Professor in the Strategic Studies and International Relations Program at the National University of Malaysia (UKM). Sueo Sudo is Professor at the Department of Policy Studies, Nanzan University, Nagoya, Japan.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication06/04/2016
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Series TitlePolitics in Asia
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note2 black & white illustrations, 11 black & white tables, 2 black & white line drawings
- Weight498 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byAlice D. Ba,Cheng Chwee Kuik,Sueo Sudo
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $22.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.44New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.55Trending at AU $30.44
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.36
- AU $39.21Trending at AU $43.41
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.