All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.51
About this product
- DescriptionThe nineteenth century brought an increased awareness of mental disorder, epitomized in the Asylum Acts of 1808 and 1845. Shepherd looks at two very different institutions to provide a nuanced account of the nineteenth-century mental health system.
- Author BiographyAnna Shepherd is Alumni Relations & Partnerships Manager at the Institute of Development Studies, University of Sussex. She has worked in publishing at the Institute of Historical Research and in contemporary health contexts, such as the Centre for Suicide Research, Oxford University and the London School of Hyiene & Tropical Medicine. She has published several papers on her work at a variety of national and international conferences, as well as articles and book chapters.
- Author(s)Anna Shepherd
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication01/02/2014
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Series TitleStudies for the Society for the Social History of Medicine
- Series Part/Volume Number20
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPickering & Chatto (Publishers) Ltd
- Content Note15 black & white illustrations, 7 black & white tables
- Weight518 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.