All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is about the conceptual foundations of an intermediate way between liberalism and socialism: a synthesis of classical (Ricardian) and Keynesian political ecomy. Classical theory deals with proportions between individuals or collectives and society in tackling problems of distribution and value. Keynesian theory is concerned with the scale of ecomic activity as explained by effective demand. The ecomy considered is primarily a monetary production ecomy, t a market or a planned ecomy. The author sets up a system linking political ecomy with other social sciences, i.e. sociology, law and politics in the traditional sense, thus establishing the unity of the social sciences. To complete the picture, issues of method associated with the theory of kwledge in the social sciences and the problem of linking theory with historical reality are also covered.
- Author(s)Heinrich Bortis
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication13/11/1996
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note6 b/w illus.
- Weight850 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine30 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.64New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $19.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.63
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.10Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.83Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $25.80Trending at AU $30.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.