All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionInstitutions Incorporated draws together aspects of human and organizational corporeality and links them to institutions. Throughout European anthropology and culture the body has been conceptualized as the 'dark side' to soul and reason. This book explores the 'dark side' of institutions, their materiality and the bodily involvement of their users, in an environment where perfection is measured in intangible entities, tably reason and will. This invative collection takes a closer look at the interplay of the symbolic and the material, and the triad of institutions, bodies and corporations. This exciting research examines what the tangible, 'dark side' of institutions means both for those who live in them, and those who study them.
- Author BiographyElke Weik is a senior lecturer in the School of Management at the University of Leicester, UK. Her major research interests lie within institutionalist sociology, in particular birth practices and the emergence of universities. Peter Walgenbach is Professor of Organization, Leadership and Human Resource Management at Friedrich Schiller University Jena, Germany. Peter's research focus is on institutional theory and has published and edited several books and a number of journal articles on management and organization.
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication13/03/2016
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight333 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Edited byElke Weik,Peter Walgenbach
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.25Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.