Instructional Strategies for Middle and Secondary Social Studies: Methods, Assessment, and Classroom Management by Bruce E. Larson, Timothy A. Keiper (Paperback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $72.50Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by oodals
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $67.43+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $204.90New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.66New
- AU $61.69Used
- AU $94.06New
- AU $102.20New
- AU $71.40New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.59
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.94
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $91.19
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.01
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $50.60
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.66
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.63
About this product
- DescriptionInstructional Strategies for Middle and Secondary Social Studies is an exciting methods-based text that integrates appropriate management and assessment techniques with seven distinct teaching strategies. Writing explicitly for pre-service social studies teachers, veteran teacher educators Bruce E. Larson and Timothy A. Keiper offer detailed descriptions of a range of teaching techniques, from lectures to role plays to student-directed investigations. It provides a practical guide for considering when to use what strategy, how to determine that students meet learning objectives with a particular strategy, and how to keep the learning environment positive. Special features include: Clear, step-by-step descriptions of the seven categories of instructional strategies that social studies teachers need most to engage all students and promote student learning. Practical ways to manage the learning environment and assess student learning for each of the instructional strategies. Rich, detailed and social studies-specific examples to illustrate each concept or teaching method described. Guidelines for deciding how each strategy might allow for diverse learners and differentiated learning environments. Clear and concrete guidelines for setting course goals and objectives as well as writing unit plans and lesson plans. For any aspiring social studies teacher who wants to make the most informed decisions about day-to-day instructional strategies, the unique integration and contextualization of curriculum, instruction, assessment, and classroom management that this textbook offers will make this an invaluable resource.
- Author BiographyBruce E. Larson is Professor and Chair of the Secondary Education Department at Western Washington University. Timothy A. Keiper is an Associate Professor in the Secondary Education Department at Western Washington University.
- Author(s)Bruce E. Larson,Timothy A. Keiper
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication11/03/2011
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Out-of-print date24/10/2016
- Content Note13 black & white tables, 20 black & white line drawings
- Weight566 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.