All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDo I really need to vaccinate my baby? When should I worry about a tummy ache? Do all teenagers act like this? And how can my son and daughter be so completely different? Raising children doesn't have to be such a puzzle. All you need are good instincts and a set of down-to-earth directions to help you on your way. Instructions t Included is the practical manual they forgot to send you home with when you checked out of the maternity ward and into the wondrous, baffling world of parenthood. Part medical memoir and part how-to guide, this warm, handy reference delivers down-to-earth parenting advice straight from the mouth of a seasoned pediatrician. Over the course of four decades, Dr. Irwin H. Berkowitz has cared for more than 30,000 children and their parents. Now, he invites readers to join him at the examination table for a tour through childhood - as seen through a pediatrician's lens. This tour begins with the story of Dr. Berkowitz's own journey through medical school, residency and private practice and then makes stop-offs at every major phase in a child's development, from birth all the way to adolescence. Dr. Berkowitz draws on colorful, illustrative anecdotes culled from his years in training, practice and parenting as he dispenses advice on everything from planning your family to assessing common illnesses to what to look for (and what to look out for) during each unique stage of childhood. Drawing on the commonsense tradition of beloved pediatrician and parenting guide author Dr. Benjamin Spock, Instructions t Included offers new (and newly flummoxed) parents the sound advice and heartfelt encouragement they need to bring up some of the best kids on the block.
- Author BiographyDr. Irwin H. Berkowitz is a husband, father, grandfather and dedicated pediatrician who has performed over 200,000 examinations during his four decades in practice. Dr. Berkowitz is a graduate of the City College of New York, and he received his medical degree from the State University of New York at Downstate. Since completing his residency in 1976, Dr. Berkowitz has practiced at Chestnut Ridge Pediatrics in Woodcliff Lake, New Jersey. Dr. Berkowitz is an Assistant Clinical Professor of Pediatrics at New York Medical College, and he teaches medical students in the office setting. He is also a former Supervisor for Pediatric Medical Education and the former Director of the Department of Pediatrics at the Valley Hospital in Ridgewood, New Jersey (New York Presbyterian Medical System). In 2013, Dr. Berkowitz was named one of the Top Docs in the New York Metropolitan area by New York Magazine. He was also recognized in New Jersey Family Magazine as one of NJ's Favorite Kids' Docs for 2013. As a pediatrician, Dr. Berkowitz believes in educating his patients and their parents about health issues and giving them the tools they need to become partners in the search for solutions. His patients have described his manner as soothing and caring.
- Author(s)Irwin H Berkowitz MD
- PublisherWild Ginger Press
- Date of Publication22/04/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWild Ginger Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight259 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.