All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHistorically, the discovery of tools, or evidence that tools have been used, has been taken as proof of human activity; certainly the invention and spread of new tools has been a critical marker of human progress and has increased our ability to observe, measure, and understand the physical world. In astromy the tools are telescopes and the optical and electronic instruments that support them. The use of the telescope by Galileo marked the beginning of a new and productive way to study and understand the universe in which we live. The effects of this new tool on what we can see, and how we see ourselves, are well kwn. However, after almost four centuries of developing ever more sensitive and subtle instruments as tools for astromy, it might have been expected that only a few mir improvements would remain to be made, or that possibly the law of diminishing returns would have taken effect. On the contrary, the new instruments and ideas for new instruments described in this book make it clear that the rate of progress has t diminished, and that this subject is still as exciting and productive as ever. Instrumentation for Ground-Based Optical Astromy was chosen as the theme for the Ninth Santa Cruz Summer Workshop in Astromy and Astrophysics.
- Author(s)Lloyd B. Robinson
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication30/09/2011
- Series TitleSanta Cruz Summer Workshops in Astronomy and Astrophysics (Closed)
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight1170 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine39 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1988
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.