All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume presents a collection of original papers at the intersection of philosophy, the history of science, cultural and theatrical studies. Based on a series of case studies on the 17th century, it contributes to an understanding of the role played by instruments at the interface of science and art.The papers pursue the hypothesis that the development and construction of instruments make a substantive contribution to the opening up of new fields of kwledge and to the development of new cultural practices, but also to the delineation of particular genres, methods, and disciplines.
- Author BiographyHelmar Schramm, Freie Universitat Berlin, Germany; Ludger Schwarte, University of Basel, Switzerland; Jan Lazardzig, Freie Universitat Berlin, Germany.
- PublisherDe Gruyter
- Date of Publication16/01/2008
- SubjectScience: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintWalter de Gruyter & Co
- Content Note80 black & white illustrations
- Weight979 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Edited byHelmar Schramm,Jan Lazardzig,Ludger Schwarte
- Interest AgeCollege Graduate Student
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.51Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.