All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides a much-needed analysis of this very important subject for international business lawyers,including discussion of the jurisdictional and choice of laws issues arising from cross-border contracts of insurance and reinsurance concluded by electronic means. This book is the first published in England to devote itself to a detailed analysis of the choice of laws rules in the E.C. Insurance Directives. It is aimed at academics and practitioners, at private international lawyers and at insurance lawyers. The private international law rules of the E.C. Insurance Directives deal with the applicable law to insurance contracts covering risks situated within the EU. They do t deal with the applicable law to reinsurance contracts and insurance contracts covering risks situated outside the EU. This should be ascertained by reference to the choice of laws provisions in the 1980 Rome Convention on the law applicable to contractual obligations. Detailed discussion of these rules is also provided, and proposals for reform suggested.
- Author BiographyFrancesco Seatzu is an Assistant Professor of International and European Union Law at the University of Cagliari in Italy.
- Author(s)Francesco Seatzu
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication16/07/2003
- SubjectInternational Law: Professional
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2003
- ImprintHart Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight670 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine27 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.74
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.18
- AU $40.72Trending at AU $41.34
- AU $36.57Trending at AU $37.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.