Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $13.00Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by book_fountain
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDirected primarily at college and university undergraduates, this book covers at basic level the essential applications of mathematics to the physical sciences. It contains all the usual topics covered in a first-year course such as vectors, matrices, differential equations, basic mathematical functions and their analysis, and power series. There is a strong emphasis on qualitative understanding (such as curve sketching) and practical methods of solution. The latter take due account of the impact of computers on the subject. The principles of mathematical expression are illustrated by copious examples taken from a wide range of topics in physics and chemistry. Each of the short chapters concludes with a summary and a large number of problems.
- Author(s)D. L. Weaire,P. G. Harper
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication07/03/1985
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content NoteIll.d.tabs.
- Weight410 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $36.00
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.20
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.