All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionThis book constitutes the proceedings of the International Conference on Integrable Systems in memory of J.-L. Verdier. It was held on July 1-5, 1991 at the Centre International de Recherches Mathematiques (C.I.R.M.) at Luminy, near Marseille (France). This collection of articles, covering many aspects of the theory of integrable Hamiltonian systems, both finite- and infinite-dimensional, with an emphasis on the algebro-geometric meth- ods, is published here as a tribute to Verdier who had planned this confer- ence before his death in 1989 and whose active involvement with this topic brought integrable systems to the fore as a subject for active research in France. The death of Verdier and his wife on August 25, 1989, in a car accident near their country house, was a shock to all of us who were acquainted with them, and was very deeply felt in the mathematics community. We knew of better way to hor Verdier's memory than to proceed with both the School on Integrable Systems at the C.I.M.P.A. (Centre International de Mathematiques Pures et Appliquees in Nice), and the Conference on the same theme that was to follow it, as he himself had planned them.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication01/11/2012
- Series TitleProgress in Mathematics
- Series Part/Volume Number115
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight567 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byP. Cartier,V. Babelon,Yvette Kosmann-Schwarzbach
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1993
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.