All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA comprehensive integrative handbook on fertility treatment, and Assisted Reproduction Techniques (ART), the book is written by specialist contributors for health professionals and Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM) practitioners, and for those seriously considering ART themselves. Integrated approaches to infertility offer both a greater awareness and understanding of the combination of factors that can influence the chances of success when undergoing different types of ART. Leading experts review the evidence and discuss the benefits of different approaches to support the physiological and emotional aspects of fertility and fertility treatment. The book covers everything from identifying and treating conditions that may reduce fertility, including immulogical abrmalities and specific male and female factors, to how nutrition, acupuncture, reflexology and yoga can support couples going through assisted reproduction, including helping to improve some immulogical aspects. There is also a chapter that looks specifically at support for the over 40's.
- Author BiographyJustine Bold is a senior lecturer at the University of Worcester in the UK in the Health and Applied Social Sciences Academic Unit. She has worked for over seven years on nutrition postgraduate programmes (MSc Nutrition & Health and MSc Nutritional Therapy). She is currently researching a Phd at the University of South Wales related to the experience of infertility. Justine has also worked as a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner since 2003 with many clients with fertility and auto-immune issues. She has contributed to TV and radio programmes in the UK on the subject of infertility and ART, including BBC and Sky News. Justine has personal experience of infertility and is now a mother to twins born in 2013. She lives in Gloucestershire, UK. Susan Bedford is a highly experienced science teacher, specialising in Biology and Chemistry, with over sixteen years' experience in a variety of roles including senior management. She has an MSc in Nutritional Therapy from the University of Worcester and conducted her research into the area of fertility and nutrition. She is a fully qualified freelance Nutritional Therapist who specialises in the area of fertility. She is a member of the British Association for Applied Nutrition and Nutritional Therapy (BANT) and the Complementary and Natural healthcare Council (CNHC). She has successfully worked with a variety of patients experiencing infertility issues and undergoing ART and has authored articles in relation to fertility for a leading nutritional company and a pre-conception charity. Susan lives in Buckinghamshire, UK.
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication15/04/2015
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSinging Dragon
- Weight249 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byJustine Bold,Susan Bedford
- Foreword byGab Kovacs
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.