All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDepression is one of the most common mental health problems facing older people, and it is often unrecognised and usually under-treated. Integrated Management of Depression in the Elderly provides an entirely new approach to understanding late-life depression, by using a series of case studies with commentaries from practitioners internationally. The book covers the epidemiology, presentation and diagsis of depression in older people and outlines current evidence for effective management drawing on recently published work. The substantive part of the book presents ten case studies of increasing complexity, each case has a commentary from a primary care clinician and a health or social care professional, to outline how professionals should work together to manage the patient within their community. Contributions from world experts give the book an international appeal. It will appeal to a wide audience of health and social care professionals together with psychiatrists-in-training.
- Author BiographyCarolyn A. Chew-Graham is a Senior Lecturer in Primary Care at the University of Manchester. Robert Baldwin is a Consultant in Old Age at the Manchester Royal Infirmary. Alistair Burns is a Professor of Old Age Psychiatry at the University of Manchester.
- Author(s)Alistair S. Burns,Carolyn A. Chew-Graham,Robert Baldwin
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication03/04/2008
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note2 b/w illus. 14 tables
- Weight280 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.23
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.79
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.