All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionIntegrated Neuroscience argues that in order to make an intelligent diagsis and provide a rational treatment nervous system disorders, it is necessary to answer the basic questions of clinical neurology. Where is the disease process located, and what is the nature of the disease process? For students to answer these questions, the authors first review the makeup of the cells within the central nervous system and the development of the regions within the central nervous system. A detailed anatomical overview of the nervous system, starting at the spinal cord, proceeding to the brain stem, diencephalon and cerebrum follows. This textbook focuses t only on localized diseases caused by infectious diseases, trauma, tumors, and vascular lesions within the central nervous system, but also these diseases within the systems of the brain and spinal cord. Over 250 real cases with associated MRI or CTs and any pathological findings from these patients illustrate numerous disorders and fully explain the nature of the pathology. The authors have also included six problem solving sessions in which the student must identify the ongoing disease process, what caused it, and how best to treat it. Throughout the discussion in this text the authors also correlate the neurological findings to the underlying anatomy of the region.
- Author BiographyThe late Elliott M. Marcus, MD, was Professor Emeritus of Neurology, University of Massachusetts School of Medicine, Lecturer in Neurology, Tufts University School of Medicine, Chairman Emeritus, Department of Neurology, Saint Vincent Hospital and Fallon Clinic, Worcester, MA. Stanley Jacobson, PhD is Professor of Anatomy and Cellular Biology at Tufts University, Health Sciences Campus, Boston, MA. He is also a Fulbright Scholar. Thomas D. Sabin, MD, is a Professor of Neurology at Tufts University School of Medicine, Tufts Medical Center, Boston, MA.
- Author(s)Elliott M. Marcus,Stanley Jacobson,Thomas D. Sabin
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication09/10/2014
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Content Note200 illustrations
- Weight2266 g
- Width224 mm
- Height284 mm
- Spine35 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.