All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis key text presents students with a holistic view of the building design process, bridging the gap between the theory and practice of constructing and assembling buildings. Integrated Strategies in Architecture encourages and enables students to gain a sound understanding of the purpose of buildings, the specialisms that contribute and the available techlogy. Zunde and Bougdah thoroughly introduce and expose the concepts and techlogies that underlie the design process, setting current design in context as part of an evolutionary process, exemplified through historic and contemporary models, and emphasizing the importance of applying a broad variety of techlogies in the creation of successful buildings. Topics covered include: space planning, colour theory, communication, management, aesthetics, structures and environmental control. This essential text will greatly assist students of architecture and its techlogy, construction management and building surveying as well as practitioners as they strive to build better buildings.
- Author BiographyJoan Zunde is an architect who has taught design procedures and technology to students on a variety of courses and is the author of several design books. Hocine Bougdah is a Principal Lecturer in Architectural Technology at University College for the Creative Arts at Canterbury and a consultant in acoustics and environmental noise.
- Author(s)Hocine Bougdah,Joan Zunde
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication05/06/2006
- Series TitleTechnologies of Architecture
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 2
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Content Note18 black & white tables, 184 black & white line drawings
- Weight670 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $16.08Trending at AU $23.14
- AU $69.60Trending at AU $90.30
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.75
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.87
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.44
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.