All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn integrated framework for water resources management It has been said that water is the next oil. A strong global consensus has begun to develop that effective water management must start at the watershed level, and that water management actions must be taken in the context of watersheds, and the human communities in them. Integrated Watershed Management: Principles and Practice, Second Edition presents a flexible, integrated framework for watershed management that addresses the biophysical, social, and ecomic issues affecting water resources and their use. Comprehensive in scope and multidisciplinary in approach, it equips readers with the necessary tools and techniques to develop sound watershed management policy and practice-from problem definition and goal setting to selecting management strategies and procedures for monitoring implementation. Ten years of practice have demonstrated that the core concepts presented in the first edition of this book remain true and important. This Second Edition is fully updated to reflect current practice and recent experience in watershed management, including:* New coverage of strategies for the selection and evaluation of public engagement processes* Sampling, data management, and computer simulation techlogies* Recent legislative changes* International watershed issues* Many new case studies Water resources planning and management is t just a technical challenge; it is also a social challenge, and an opportunity. It is, ultimately, a framework for human societies to shape, protect, and improve the environment in which they live. Providing a rational framework for the development of water resources management strategies, Integrated Watershed Management, Second Edition is a one-stop resource for upper-level students and professionals in environmental science, natural resource management, and environmental engineering.
- Author BiographyIsobel W. Heathcote is Professor of Environmental Engineering and Environmental Sciences at the University of Guelph in Canada. She is also a former Canadian co-Chair of the Science Advisory Board of the International Joint Commission and is the author of over 140 papers, water policy analyses, and presentations.
- Author(s)Isobel W. Heathcote
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication06/03/2009
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight816 g
- Width159 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.