All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is intended to helpastudents and clients integrate 12-step treatment with psychotherapy. The book is the first to do so in a systematic fashion. It covers issues of pre-treatment and then goes into each step and it's purpose. The book discusses obstacles to treatment and how to incorporate psychotherapy with 12-step treatment. It also covers relapse prevention, which is a big component of any treatment program. This book will help bridge the often competing views of psychotherapy and 12-step treatment. It is the first book of its kind to bring the two approaches together.
- Author BiographyDr. Kevin A. Osten earned a B.A. from the University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee and a Psy.D. in Clinical Psychology from the Illinois School of Professional Psychology. He has worked in psychiatric hospitals for most of the past 20 years, most recently as the Clinical Coordinator of Adult Outpatient Services at Chicago Lakeshore Hospital, where he remains on staff today as an Allied Health Professional. His work in the past decade has been focused on providing clinical care to the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer community coping with severe mental illness and/or addictions. He became the Director of the LGBTQ Mental Health and Inclusion Center at the Adler School of Professional Psychology in 2011, where he is also core faculty in the Psy.D. program. He remains active in his private practice utilizing an integrative approach in psychotherapy. Dr. Robert Switzer earned a BA from The State University of New York at Buffalo and a Psy.D. in Clinical Psychology from the Illinois School of Professional Psychology. Since 1990, his professional work has focused on psychotherapy and diagnostics, with a focus on substance abuse and substance dependence. He has worked in inpatient and outpatient settings, primarily with adults. He has also been an adjunct faculty member at The Chicago School of Professional Psychology since 2000 and a core faculty member since 2008. He continues to be active in his private practice, where he provides individual psychotherapy using an eclectic approach including aspects of psychodynamic, cognitive-behavioral, rogerian and 12-Step based techniques. His interests include substance abuse and addictive disorders, 12-Step work, depression, psychodynamic psychotherapy, severe personality disorders, diagnostics, personality assessment, and a recent interest in integrative psychotherapy. Dr. Switzer is also an avid cycler and can often be found bicycling around the Chicagoland area, even during weather when he really should be indoors.
- Author(s)Kevin A. Osten,Robert J. Switzer
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication09/07/2013
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight567 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.65New
- AU $93.38Used
- AU $93.38New
- AU $101.47New
- AU $80.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.00
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $90.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.44
- AU $39.02Trending at AU $50.24
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.12
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.80
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.