All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book will be a great help to a variety of organizations figuring out how best to implement CMMI, including large and small enterprises, even if their starting point is t 'Agile.' All-in-all, this contains 'pearls of wisdom' that will make a much-appreciated contribution to the software engineering community. - Mike Konrad, Chief Architect, CMMI, Software Engineering Institute; coauthor, CMMI(R): Guidelines for Process Integration and Product Improvement, Second Edition This book will challenge many of your (mis)understandings about both Agile delivery and CMMI. Paul thoughtfully applies his years of practical experience to help bridge two disparate communities who are working towards the same goal-improving an organization's IT productivity. It's about time someone wrote a book like this. - Scott W. Ambler, Chief Methodologist for Agile and Lean, IBM Rational; author, Agile Modeling; and coauthor, Enterprise Unified Process Many organizations that have improved process maturity through Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI(R)) w also want greater agility. Conversely, many organizations that are succeeding with Agile methods w want the benefits of more mature processes. The solution is to integrate CMMI and Agile. Integrating CMMI(R) and Agile Development offers broad guidance for melding these process improvement methodologies. It presents six detailed case studies, along with essential real-world lessons, big-picture insights, and mistakes to avoid. Drawing on decades of process improvement experience, author Paul McMahon explains how combining an Agile approach with the CMMI process improvement framework is the fastest, most effective way to achieve your business objectives. He offers practical, proven techniques for CMMI and Agile integration, including new ways to extend Agile into system engineering and project management and to optimize performance by focusing on your organization's unique, culture-related weaknesses.
- Author BiographyPaul E. McMahon, Principal, PEM Systems, has been an independent consultant since 1997, helping companies increase agility and process maturity. He has taught software engineering at Binghamton University, State University of New York; has conducted workshops on engineering processes and management; and has published more than 35 articles, including several on Agile development. His insights reflect 24 years of engineering and management experience working for companies such as Link Simulation and Lockheed Martin.
- Author(s)Paul E. McMahon
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication09/08/2010
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAddison-Wesley Educational Publishers Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight606 g
- Width188 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.