All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis workbook describes a method that combines one of the newest treatments in behavioural health-cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)-with one of the oldest-clinical hypsis. The author provides step-by-step guidance in the joint application of these two modalities for the optimal treatment of depression, anxiety, fears, and phobias. The book is based on studies suggesting that clinical hypsis in combination with CBT may increase treatment efficacy. With a systematic approach, the workbook covers the theoretical foundations of this integrated modality and explains how to assess whether such treatment is warranted for a particular case. It addresses requisite skills such as teaching self-hypsis and mood monitoring and covers the Subjective Units of Discomfort Scale (SUDS) and the use of imagery and relaxation techniques. Specific strategies for using clinical hypsis and CBT to treat depression, anxiety, fears, and phobias are provided. Numerous case examples illustrate and reinforce understanding of the integrated treatment modality. Ten client handouts are included to facilitate mood monitoring, awareness of thoughts, creating imagery, meditation, muscle relaxation, and self-hypsis. The book is designed for both vice and experienced clinical practitioners.
- Author BiographyRobin A. Chapman, PsyD, ABPP, is a clinical psychologist at St. Thomas Community Health Center, New Orleans, LA, USA and also maintains a private practice. He has been an instructor in psychology in the Department of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School, USA.
- Author(s)Robin A. Chapman
- PublisherSpringer Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication28/02/2014
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer Publishing Co Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight227 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.91Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.78
- AU $36.60Trending at AU $37.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.