All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIntegrating Graphics and Vision for Object Recognition serves as a reference for electrical engineers and computer scientists researching computer vision or computer graphics. Computer graphics and computer vision can be viewed as different sides of the same coin. In graphics, algorithms are given kwledge about the world in the form of models, cameras, lighting, etc., and infer (or render) an image of a scene. In vision, the process is the exact opposite: algorithms are presented with an image, and infer (or interpret) the configuration of the world. This work focuses on using computer graphics to interpret camera images: using iterative rendering to predict what should be visible by the camera and then testing and refining that hypothesis. Features of the book include: * Many illustrations to supplement the text; * A vel approach to the integration of graphics and vision; * Genetic algorithms for vision; * Invations in closed loop object recognition. Integrating Graphics and Vision for Object Recognition will be of interest to research scientists and practitioners working in fields related to the topic. It may also be used as an advanced-level graduate text.
- Author(s)J. Ross Beveridge,Mark R. Stevens
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication07/12/2010
- SubjectElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Series TitleThe Springer International Series in Engineering and Computer Science
- Series Part/Volume Number589
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note55 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight314 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement1st ed. Softcover of orig. ed. 2001
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.42Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.97Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.