Integrating Literacy and Math: Strategies for K-6 Teachers by Ellen Fogelberg, Patti Satz, Barbara Hiller, Carole Skalinder, Lisa Bernstein (Paperback, 2008)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $39.47Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $34.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMany K-6 teachers--and students--still think of mathematics as a totally separate subject from literacy. Yet incorporating math content into the language arts block helps students gain skills for reading many kinds of texts. And bringing reading, writing, and talking into the math classroom supports the development of conceptual kwledge and problem solving, in addition to computational skills. This invaluable book thoroughly explains integrated instruction and gives teachers the tools to make it a reality. Grounded in current best practices for both language arts and math, the book includes planning advice, learning activities, assessment strategies, reproducibles, and resources, plus a wealth of examples from actual classrooms.
- Author BiographyEllen Fogelberg, MST, CAS, a former classroom teacher, is Literacy Director for the Evanston/Skokie School District in Illinois, and is an adjunct professor in the graduate Reading program at National-Louis University, USA Carole Skalinder, MST, a teacher with over 30 years of experience, is currently a third-grade teacher and math coach in Evanston, Illinois, and provides professional development in math curriculum and instruction. Patti Satz, MEd, has been teaching first and second grade for 32 years in Evanston, Illinois, and also serves as a math coach and professional development provider. Barbara Hiller, MS, who currently serves as a Principal Coach for the Consortium for Educational Change in Illinois, is a former middle school math teacher who retired as the Assistant Superintendent for Curriculum and Instruction in the Evanston/Skokie School District. Lisa Bernstein, MEd, currently teaches third grade in the Evanston/Skokie School District and presents math workshops for teachers throughout the state. Sandra Vitantonio, MEd, a retired teacher with 34 years of classroom experience, is currently working as a Mentor Coach for new teachers in the Evanston/Skokie School District.
- Author(s)Barbara Hiller,Carole Skalinder,Ellen Fogelberg,Lisa Bernstein,Patti Satz
- PublisherGuilford Publications
- Date of Publication01/07/2008
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleTools for Teaching Literacy Series
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 2
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGuilford Publications
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight366 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $18.30Trending at AU $24.34
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.82Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $20.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.