All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $62.46
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $72.91
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionThis book treats three planning problems arising in public railway transportation planning: line planning, timetabling, and delay management, with the objective to minimize passengers' travel time. While many optimization approaches simplify these problems by assuming that passengers' route choice is independent of the solution, this book focuses on models which take into account that passengers will adapt their travel route to the implemented planning solution. That is, a planning solution and passengers' routes are determined and evaluated simultaneously. This work is technically deep, with insightful finding regarding complexity and algorithmic approaches to public transportation problems with integrated passenger routing. It is intended for researchers in the fields of mathematics, computer science, or operations research, working in the field of public transportation from an optimization standpoint. It is also ideal for students who want to gain intuition and experience in doing complexity proofs and designing polymial-time algorithms for network problems. The book models line planning, timetabling and delay management as combined design and routing problems on networks. In a complexity analysis, the border between NP-hard and polymially solvable problems is illustrated. Based on that, the insights gained are used to develop solution approaches for the considered problems. Besides integer programming formulations, a heuristic method iterating planning and routing step is proposed to solve the problems.
- Author(s)Marie E. Schmidt
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication03/01/2014
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Series TitleSpringer Optimization and its Applications
- Series Part/Volume Number89
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note23 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight526 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.