All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'As a counsellor, supervisor and trainer I find this book such an excellent resource. It is invaluable in my teaching as well as supporting learning in supervision. Culley and Bond use their extensive experience as practitioners to demystify potentially complex ideas, instead presenting them in an accessible and engaging way. Counselling skills are described clearly and case study material is relevant to practice. The third edition brings new and contemporary content that further enhances the value of the book. Buy it w!' - Dr Andrew Reeves, Counsellor, Supervisor, Trainer and Editor of Counselling and Psychotherapy Research journal. Integrative Counselling Skills in Action, third edition, is a bestselling introduction to the core counselling skills. It takes you step-by-step through the skills and strategies needed at each stage of the counselling process -- beginning, middle and end - using illustrative case examples and providing practical checklists and summaries. New to the third edition: * Negotiating and managing a counselling contract * Using self-disclosure * Preparing for and using supervision * An example of supervision included in extended case study * A new preface Integrative Counselling Skills in Action is used by many thousands of students and practitioners who need guidance on using counselling skills in a variety of helping settings.
- Author BiographySue Culley is currently an independent consultant; until recently, she was Senior Lecturer in the Department of Psychology at the Polytechnic of East London, where she was Course Tutor of a Postgraduate Diploma in Guidance and Counselling. Tim Bond is an Emeritus Professor of the University of Bristol and Visiting Professor to the University of Malta. He has a longstanding commitment to researching and writing about professional ethics for the talking therapies and promoting mental well-being. He is currently a consultant to the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy on professional ethics and standards, a member of the Ethics Committee for the British Psychological Society and the Executive Council of the International Association for Counselling. He is a registered member of BACP and provides counselling supervision and training workshops.
- Author(s)Susan Culley,Tim Bond
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication17/03/2011
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleCounselling in Action Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Content Note1 Illustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $36.00
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.