Integrative Human Biochemistry: A Textbook for Medical Biochemistry: 2015 by Andrea T. Da Poian, Miguel A. R. B. Castanho (Hardback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $93.17Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $142.94+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book covers in detail the mechanisms for how energy is managed in the human body. The basic principles that elucidate the reactivity and physical interactions of matter are addressed and quantified with simple approaches. Three-dimensional representations of molecules are presented throughout the book so molecules can be viewed as unique entities in their shape and function. The book is focused on the molecular mechanisms of cellular processes in the context of human physiological situations such as fasting, feeding and physical exercise, in which metabolic regulation is highlighted. Furthermore the book uses key historical experiments that opened up new concepts in Biochemistry to further illustrate how the human body functions at molecular level, helping students to appreciate how scientific kwledge emerges. This book also: * Elucidates the foundations of the molecular events of life * &nb sp; Uses key historical experiments that opened up new concepts in Biochemistry to further illustrate how the human body functions at molecular level, helping students to appreciate how scientific kwledge emerges * Provides realistic representations of molecules throughout the book Advance Praise for Integrative Human Biochemistry This textbook provid es a modern and integrative perspective of human biochemistry and will be a faithful companion to health scie nce students following curricula in which this discipline is addressed. This textbook will be a most useful tool for the teaching community. -Joan Guivart Director of the Institute for Research in Biomedicine, Barcelona, Spain President-elect of the International Union of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, IUBMB
- Author BiographyMiguel A.R.B. Castanho, PhD, is Principal Investigator at the Institute of Molecular Medicine and Head of the Biochemistry Department of the School of Medicine of the University of Lisbon, Portugal. Andrea T. Da Poian, PhD, is Principal Investigator at the Institute of Medical Biochemistry Leopoldo de Meis of the Federal University of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- Author(s)Andrea T. Da Poian,Miguel A. R. B. Castanho
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication28/10/2015
- SubjectMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note33 black & white illustrations, 282 colour illustrations, 5 black & white tables, biography
- Weight944 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine29 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $75.71New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $75.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.