All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionVery often, efficient problem solving depends on the ability to construct, to shift between, and to coordinate different mental problem representations. The cognitive simulation program Sepia has been developed to investigate the complementary roles qualitative and quantitative mental domain representations play in physics problem solving. It reconstructs characteristic differences in the problem solving behavior of those subjects who coordinate their qualitative and quantitative physics kwledge and those subjects who do t. Various model-based measures to supplement traditional instructional techniques are set forth. The results of an empirical study underline the importance a coordinated use of kwledge as modeled by Sepia plays in physics problem solving.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Rolf Ploetzner was born in Castrop-Rauxel (Germany) in 1960. After he finished a professional training he started to study psychology and mathematics at the University of Freiburg (Germany). In 1990 he graduated in psychology. Afterwards he worked as a research fellow at the Learning Research and Development Center (LRDC) at the University of Pittsburg (U.S.A.). Since 1991, he participated in various research projects, funded by the German National Research Foundation (DFG). He completed his dissertational research in 1993 at the University of Freiburg.
- Author(s)Rolf Plotzner
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication01/10/1994
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Series TitleEuropean University Studies
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 483
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- First Published1994
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Content Notetab. and graph.
- Weight350 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine0 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.