All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIntegrative Women's Health remains the only in-depth, broad-based reference on integrative women's health written for health professionals. It helps providers address t only women's reproductive health, but also conditions that manifest differently in women than in men, including cardiovascular disease, arthritis, HIV, depression, and cancer. The text presents the best evidence, in a clinically relevant manner, for the safe and effective use of herbs, vitamins, diet, and mind-body strategies alongside conventional medical treatments. As leading educators in integrative medicine, editors Dr. Maizes and Dr. Low Dog demonstrate how clinicians can implement their recommendations in practice, going beyond practical care to examine how to motivate patients, enhance a health history, and understand the spiritual dimensions of healing. In managing the patient, alternative therapies are never seen as substitutes for mainstream medical care, but always integrated into the overall regimen, and always subjected to the best available evidence. New to this second edition are chapters on environmental medicine and women's reproduction, thyroid health, and lesbian health.
- Author BiographyVictoria Maizes is the Executive Director of the Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine and an Associate Professor of Medicine, Family Medicine, and Public Health at the University of Arizona in Tucson, Arizona. Tieraona Low Dog is the Director of the Fellowship at the Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine and a Clinical Associate Professor of Medicine at the University of Arizona.
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication14/01/2016
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Series TitleWeil Integrative Medicine Library
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1172 g
- Width165 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Edited byTieraona Low Dog,Victoria Maizes
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.67Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.