Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.85Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
About this product
- DescriptionBrigadier General Malham M. Wakin, head of the philosophy department at the U.S. Air Force Academy for over thirty years, is one of the most esteemed military ethicists in the United States. This collection of essays-the first to be published together in a single volume-will be essential reading for anyone interested in the field of applied and theoretical ethics. Covering such diverse issues as war and morality, legal ethics, medical ethics, business ethics, conflict mediation, pacifism, just war theory, religion and war, and nuclear deterrance, Integrity First includes work that t only treats issues of longstanding historical significance, but also has relevance to any serious discussion of modern justice. This book represents an erudite and influential mind, and will be of special interest to students and academics both here and abroad.
- Author BiographyMalham M. Wakin is Professor Emeritus, United States Air Force Academy. He is the author and editor of four books: War, Morality, and the Military Profession (1979), The Viet Cong Political Infrastructure (1968), Introduction to Symbolic Logic (1991), and The Teaching of Ethics in the Military (1982).
- Author(s)Malham M. Wakin
- PublisherLexington Books
- Date of Publication01/08/2000
- SubjectHistory of Ideas & Popular Philosophy
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLexington Books
- Content Notebibliography, index
- Weight413 g
- Width161 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.