All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume explores the value of business integrity and ethics as a best practice model in business strategy. The authors define business integrity, explore areas in which integrity is often absent or discredited, and provide a framework and tools to help build better business ethics and corporate social responsibility. The volume aims to reveal that beyond the immediate ecomic effect, corruption can ruin entire countries by destabilizing key ecomic and political players, warping their vision for state development. Against the backdrop of global financial and ethical crises, the authors argue that integrity in business is a key component for long-term success. Integrity includes the ability to be consistent with one's moral values and principles and places society's wishes at the center of business decision-making. The cornerstone upon which a culture of integrity is built within a certain business is the ethics code. It explicitly states the values and principles to which a company adheres. The continuous promotion, support and communication of the ethics code stipulations provide the basis upon which integrity in business is built. Featuring case studies from countries such as Sweden, Great Britain and France and companies such Starbucks, Nike, PSEG, and Anglo-American PLC, this volume provides a comprehensive study of business integrity and social responsibility that will be of interest to students, scholars, professionals and policy-makers from around the world.
- Author BiographySebastian A. Vaduva is the current Dean of the Griffiths School of Management at the Emanuel University in Oradea, Romania, as well as a management scholar with numerous active ties, academic and entrepreneurial, in both Europe and the United States. He has developed various seminars on leadership and effective management on both micro- and macro-economic levels and is behind several programs intended to boost Romanian economy by drawing in international investors and business partners. Victor Alistar is a lawyer in the Bucharest Bar and university professor at the National School for Political and Administrative Studies. He began his activity at Transparency International Romania in 2003 and has coordinated the Advocacy and Legal Advice Center, a pilot project of Transparency International, as well as numerous advocacy projects. As the organisation's CEO for the past 10 years, he has successfully supported 10 legal acts and 40 public policies. Starting with 2015, Victor Alistar is a member of the European Economic and Social Committee. Andrew R. Thomas has conducted business in 120 countries on seven continents. A New York Times bestselling author, his books include Aviation Security Management: A Three-Volume Set, Air Rage: Crisis in the Skies and Aviation Insecurity: The New Challenges of Air Travel. He is founding Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of Transportation Security. Often featured on Fox News, MSNBC, CNN, ABC, and other media outlets, he lectures on supply chain security issues around the world. Ioan S. Fotea is a university lecturer at the Emanuel University of Oradea, with an MBA and a PhD in Marketing from the prestigious ASE (Academy for Economic Sciences) in Bucharest, Romania. He is the coordinator of Emanuel University's Master in Entrepreneurial Management program and owns Advanced Solutions Ltd., an international business consultancy firm, while actively participating in various domestic and international business and social projects. Calin D. Lupitu is a comparative literature and cultural studies scholar educated in Germany and the UK, with extensive practical training also as a translator and linguist. He teaches language and communication seminars at the Emanuel University of Oradea, where he is also enrolled in the Master's program in Entrepreneurial Management (MBA). Daniel S. Neagoie is a Romanian consultant in both marketing and academic research and has a master degree in entrepreneurial management. Interested in the field of personal development, research and statistics, Daniel S. Neagoie gives lectures on the topics of organizational behavior, marketing research and management at Griffiths School of Management (Emanuel University of Oradea). Adrian F. Cioara is a Romanian business management consultant in the area of training and talent development especially in the IT industry. Also, Adrian is a guest lecturer at Griffiths School of Management in the field of Global Economics, Entrepreneurship and Business Communication. Other fields of interest are: marketing, organizational psychology, project management, culture and religion.
- Author(s)Andrew R. Thomas,Sebastian Vaduva,Victor T. Alistar
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication12/06/2016
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Series TitleSpringerBriefs in Business
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Notebiography
- Weight221 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine8 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $30.67Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.