All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe application of systemic ideas and principles in working with people with intellectual disabilities, their families and their service systems, has grown over the last decade in the UK. This book, for the first time, brings together the writings of a group of practitioners who have been using this approach in their clinical practice. It is hoped it will inspire others to try out different ways of working with people with intellectual disabilities and their wider systems, so that they can have the choice of a wide range of therapeutic approaches. It is also hoped that systemic practitioners who are unfamiliar with this client group might give consideration to extend their practice to also work with people with intellectual disabilities.
- Author BiographySandra Baum is a Consultant Clinical Psychologist with Newham Primary Care NHS Trust. She has a post-graduate certificate in systems approaches to families and organisations from the Tavistock Centre. Her clinical work and research interests focus on using systemic approaches with families and staff teams, and on improving services for parents with intellectual disabilities. Henrik Lynggaard is a Chartered Clinical Psychologist with Camden and Islington Mental Health NHS Trust in London and is currently completing his systemic psychotherapy training at KCC. He was born and brought up in Denmark but has trained and worked mainly in the UK, where he has developed a strong interest in adapting systemic and narrative approaches in his conversations with people with intellectual disabilities.
- PublisherKarnac Books
- Date of Publication01/01/2006
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Series TitleThe Systemic Thinking and Practice Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintKarnac Books
- Weight381 g
- Width147 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byHenrik Lynggaard,Sandra Baum
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.43New
- AU $65.08Used
- AU $78.89New
- AU $105.79New
- AU $75.81Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $21.32Trending at AU $23.14
- AU $19.47Trending at AU $32.66
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.58
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $20.11
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.64
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $88.04
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.