All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIntellectual property rights and their overlaps are considered in light of rights purposes, relying on the concept of a balance of rights as the measuring rod for assessment of the consequences resulting from the exercise of overlapping rights. Identifying the complex interface between different types of intellectual property rights, this book discusses the use of these rights and their effect on a diverse group of stakeholders, from individual users of e-books to large corporations operating search engines on the internet. The book suggests solutions to potentially objectionable uses of overlapping rights in an attempt to provide judiciary and law practitioners with an analytical framework for resolving disputes of overlaps in the intellectual property system. In doing so, the author investigates how use of intellectual property rights associated with one segment of the system can affect the carefully crafted balance of rights held by various stakeholders in an overlapping segment. In particular, the book suggests that a properly construed doctrine of misuse of intellectual property rights would provide an adequate response to the challenge posed by improper use of overlapping intellectual property rights. This book is of particular interest to law practitioners, managers in advanced techlogy and media industries, academics, and university students who work with or analyze intellectual property and new techlogies.
- Author BiographyRobert Tomkowicz is a barrister and solicitor practicing intellectual property and information technology law. He is a member of the Law Society of British Columbia and the New York State Bar.
- Author(s)Robert Tomkowicz
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication15/04/2013
- SubjectLaw: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight362 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.