All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIntellectual Property Rights (IPRs) play an important role in the struggle for food security and encouraging agricultural research and development. This book examines these roles as well as the international relationship between IPRs, agricultural biotechlogy, access to biological resources, food security and globalisation, paying particular attention to proposals for the protection of Farmers' Rights, traditional kwledge, GM crops and the impact of competition laws. It proposes a number of recommendations for action in deploying IPRs in order to reach greater food security globally.
- Author BiographyMichael Blakeney is Herchel Smith Professor of Intellectual Property Law at Queen Mary, University of London and Director of the Queen Mary Intellectual Property Research Institute. He is also Professor of Law at the University of Western Australia. He has held academic positions at a number of Universities in Australia and the UK and formerly worked in the Asia Pacific Bureau of the World Intellectual Property Organization. He is an arbitrator with the International Court of Arbitration. Professor Blakeney has advised the Asian Development Bank, Consulting Group for International Agricultural Research, European Commission (EC), European Patent Office, Food and Agricultural Organization, World Bank, World Intellectual Property Organization and a number of university and public research institutes on technology transfer and management of intellectual property.
- Author(s)Prof. Michael Blakeney
- PublisherCABI Publishing
- Date of Publication01/07/2009
- SubjectNational Law: Professional
- Place of PublicationWallingford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCABI Publishing
- Weight820 g
- Width172 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine22 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.13Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.51Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.