All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.82
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
About this product
- DescriptionThe Intellectual and the People in Egyptian Literature and Culture uses the tion of amara - the Egyptian concept of collective and connective agency - to explore the relationship between the Egyptian intellectual and 'the people' in contemporary Egyptian literature and culture.
- Author BiographyAyman A. El-Desouky is Senior Lecturer in Modern Arabic and Comparative Literature and Founding Chair of the Centre for Cultural, Literary and Postcolonial Studies (CCLPS, 2009-2012) at SOAS, University of London, UK. He has lectured at the University of Texas at Austin (1993-1995), the Johns Hopkins University (1995-1996) and at Harvard University (1996-2002) before he moved to London. He is currently preparing a book-length study on Figuring the Sacred in the Modern Arabic Novel.
- Author(s)Ayman Ahmed El-Desouky
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication14/11/2014
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Pivot
- Content Notebiography
- Weight354 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.