All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionEvolutionary science lies at the heart of a modern understanding of the natural world. Darwin s theory has withstood 150 years of scientific scrutiny, and today it t only explains the origin and design of living things, but highlights the importance of a scientific understanding in our culture and in our lives. Recently the movement kwn as Intelligent Design has attracted the attention of journalists, educators, and legislators. The scientific community is puzzled and saddened by this trend t only because it distorts modern biology, but also because it diverts people from the truly fascinating ideas emerging from the real science of evolution. Here, join fifteen of our preeminent thinkers whose clear, accessible, and passionate essays reveal the fact and power of Darwin s theory, and the beauty of the scientific quest to understand our world.
- Author BiographyJohn Brockman is a writer, agent, and publisher of Edge, the Third Culture website (www.edge.org), the forum for leading scientists and thinkers to share their research with the general public. He is the author of By The Late John Brockman and The Third Culture and has edited several previous anthologies including The Next Fifty Years, Curious Minds, and My Einstein. He lives in New York City.
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- SubjectPopular Science
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRandom House Inc
- Weight286 g
- Width134 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byJohn Brockman
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.